Sh*t my son says – by popular request.
A lot of my friends have said I ought to capture more succinctly the funny/cute/clever things my son Gus observes. Not one to disappoint, I’ve captured a few of his gems here. I fully understand that I post pictures and thoughts about my kids that exceed the limit of what is considered modest. I hear you. I’m definitely not going to stop, because someday the roundup of fodder I can present to my kids will be awesome, and probably embarrassing — but I hear you. Look away if this is overkill.
1. Gus: “Mom, I need a bunch of money, please.”
Me: “For what?”
2. Gus: “I wish I was a bird, dad.”
Me: “Oh yeah, buddy? Where would you fly?”
Gus, pointing up: “I would fly way up high in the sky so I won’t have to see you.”
Me: “Um … Oh.”
3. Playing catch with Gus, he dropped the ball.
Gus: “Dad, I just need more privacy.”
Me: “Ah, I think you mean ‘practice,’ buddy.”
Gus: “No, I mean privacy,” he said, eying the neighbors in their backyard.
4. Me: “Gus, stop trying to act like your little brother, please. We love you just the way you are. And you know something? Ozzie wants more than anything to be just like YOU! (I then talked for about 5 minutes).
Gus: “okay, dad.”
Me: “Do you understand what I’m saying to you?”
Me: “what did I say to you?”
Gus, smiling hugely: “Nothing?”
5. Gus, eating a bowl of fruit, started crying.
Me: “Gus, did you get some juice in your eye?”
Gus: “yes, dad. I was eating like a crazy man.”
6. Gus: “Mom, I’ve never been fishing. Can dad take me?”
Mandy: “I think so, buddy.”
Gus: “Good. I want to catch a robot.”
7. Me: “Gus, are you and Ozzie friends?”
Gus: (sigh) “We’re trying, dad.”
8, Me: “Gus, you’re crazy.”
Gus: “Dad, aren’t we ALL crazy?”